I have always been a dreamer. Constantly imagining the great things I was going to do with my life, the adventures I would have, the trips I would take, the things I would achieve.  But that was all they ever were. Dreams.  They only existed in the far off future that I had created in my head, never in the moment that I currently resided in. Never in reality.

While dreaming is necessary in order to achieve greatness, there is also a second, much more necessary step, and that is doing.  So often people, myself included, get so caught up and stuck in the dreaming stage that they never move on to making things happen.

Actually doing things can be hard, much harder than dreaming.  When we start to actually do the things we dream about, we run the risk of things not going the way we want.  We risk failure and disappointment.  We risk losing our dreams.

But isn’t the alternative worse?  Wouldn’t you rather fail than always wonder what would have happened if you’d tried?

Stop putting off the life you want for “someday.” The only thing that is real is today, this moment, the life that you are currently living.  Make a change. Take someday out of your vocabulary, and instead focus your attention on making the time that you do have count.  Make each moment count. Make each day count.


Do what you can with what you have.  Take whatever steps, no matter how small, that you can toward the things you want. Learn everything you can, take every opportunity, do whatever you need to do to get where you want to go.  Do not waste any more time dreaming about the things you want. Take each day and make it count.

1 comments:

  1. Hey Erin!
    Love your blog posts! I have been following your blog for sometime now and I really like the way you make travelling seem to seamless and easy! And your pictures are very beautiful.
    I absolutely agree with what you are trying to say here....I too am an avid traveler and somewhat of a dreamer!
    I have a blog of my own too...you might want to check it out!

    http://pallavidasgupta.blogspot.com/

    Please do join my blog if you like the articles!
    Keep writing frequently. Your posts and photographs take me on a mental tour of the places you so beautifully describe.

    ReplyDelete